it is said that “Imitation is the greatest form of flattery”  and today I am Imitating  Wendy Chung’s Tutorial: Paper Flower Table Setting of Dozi Design  idea for the roses on the branches. When I saw the paper roses and I decided to make my own template and do felted roses. I found this Wendy Chung’s idea so pristine and beautiful that I had to give it a try.  I created a little template for you to use and you can print it out right from this column it is 4 inches by 4 inches and simply pin the pattern to the felt and cut the spiral.  I found that I could get 3 roses out of one spiral and 1 tree out of one spiral.  Using the same template I also created the little green tree and I think you will have fun making these beautiful branches for your holiday decor.  I suggest you look at Wendy’s tutorial first.

Wendy is from San Jose, California and she loves paper, fabrics, and patterns.  Dozi is Chinese for “bean”, and symbolizes my love for the small and simple.

Wendy also has a ETSY shop called “Dozi” where she carried stunning items.

By Linda Lanese

Comments

8 Comments so far

1. Wendy on December 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Hello – so glad you enjoyed the tutorial and using it with felt! It looks great – I love the little tree as well!

2. Minnie on December 16, 2008 9:36 pm

that little tree is really adorable and I am bookmarking this rose tutorial!

3. Linda Lanese on January 1, 2009 2:30 pm

Thank you both :) My daughter wants an arrangement but she also wants a vase and it was not cheap, so I been scanning the net for similar vases on sale :(

4. Kathy on June 14, 2009 8:30 am

I have used this idea with many different colored fabrics. I use liquid stiffner to “stay the fabric; this keeps it from unraveling.
    I find MANY beautiful fabrics that are so expensive, so I buy a few inches of them or if I am LUCKY I am GIVEN 4-6 inches as samplers swatches and this is the greatest idea to use some of the fabric for. It works for very large flowers, too. Kate

5. Linda Lanese on June 14, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks Kate,

What a wonderful addition to this post. You are a clever lady.

Linda

6. Sherye on February 27, 2010 7:14 pm

I saw this first on Dozi, but I love the idea of using felt instead of paper!

7. susan jensen on January 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Im a newbie senior and just love the felt roses, red pussy willows on twigs. If a lot to learn & catch up on. Fine work. Susan J

8. susan jensen on January 18, 2012 1:22 pm

The video on Light Bulb Terrarium was good BUT kept stopping I kept clicking!!!!!! Susan

Name (required)