I am pleased to tell you that Interweave Press sent me” Knit to Be Square: Domino Designs to Knit and Felt” to review and I am going to give it away to one of you. I tried a square and it is amazing the way the square is formed and you have to pay close attention to the instructions the first time you try this type of knitting. Once you try the shapes you will be hooked and want to make all the projects in the book. It is fun and a different way of looking at knitting of a square. Check out the slide shows of some of the projects in this book. Show 1 – Show 2!
I will run this giveaway from December 19, 2008 through January 3, 2009. This will give you something to look forward too after the holidays. Just write “enter me” in the comment section.
Join the domino craze with Knit to Be Square! Vivian Høxbro shows you how to combine modular squares into blocks of varying sizes that become the base for a variety of eye-catching two- and three-dimensional projects. Combine these geometric patterns with felting and you get gorgeous results!
Knit to Be Square includes:
- Easy-to-Knit patterns for hats, bags, scarves, pillows, slippers, capelets, afghans, and more.
- Quick-to-knit patterns made of small squares that take relatively few stitches to finish.
- Ideal patterns for using up your stash.
- Easy washing machine felting tips for wool.
- Plus! An impressively sized afghan shows you how mitered squares can be used to get a patchwork effect similar to traditional quilts
- And more!
But be prepared—this is an addictive form of knitting! One square leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another.
- The Winner of the book giveaway, Knit to Be Square: Domino Designs to Knit and Felt
- Felted Boom Bag free pattern by Kate Kuckro
- A Must Have Book, Felt It! Stitch It! Fabulous!
- Knit and Fused Purses
- DROPS felted slippers for Christmas FREE pattern