How lucky can we be to have a pictorial tutorial for this stunning pillow from The Storque, etsy’s handmade blog, “How-Tuesday project”. Michelle has not crafted with felt since she was a child, but since picking up a copy of Anne Kyrrö Quinn’s book, Felt Furnishings, she has a whole new universe of respect for the material. Anne was encouraged to revisit felt by her tutor in her final year studying Textile Design at London Metropolitan University, and she hasn’t looked back since. The techniques she explores in this vibrant craft book truly transform felt into modern, eye-catching home accents.
For this week’s How-Tuesday project, we’re sharing her pillow with rosette clusters. The gathered felt creates a feast of color for the eye; don’t the pictures just make you want to reach out and caress the nestled folds? This project comes from Anne’s chapter on gathering and ruching, but her felt techniques cover the gamut, from pleating to appliqué. Each page of this book leaves her awestruck.
- Free Patterns, Felted Loops Pillow & Felted Little Loops Pillow
- Anne Belgrave UK Felting Artist, Teacher and Author!
- Felt Furnishings: 25 Accessories for Contemporary Homes (Hardcover) by, Anne Kyyrö Quinn
- Art of Felt: Inspirational Designs, Textures, and Surfaces
- Pottery Barn Knock-off Pillow for the holidays Tutorial