Kate of Design*Sponge created these two versions of modified IKEA lamps, inspired by several designers she has seen over the years that use felt to create amazing textures. Felt is inexpensive, easy to work with, and comes in a lot of great colors. She loves how you can mold it and it will stay in place, almost like clay. Kate says that these would also be a fun project to share with kids since it involves cutting out hundreds of felt circles! She said she didn’t try it out, but i think these would work equally well on a regular lamp shade for a modern table or floor lamp.
- DIY Anthropologie Style Lamp – Felted Flower Goodness
- Stitching in Circles: Hand-Stitched Felt Wall Art
- Felt Circle Pillow Instructions
- DIY project: Marnie’s Austrian crescents + felt gift pouch
- Tutorial, Valentine Heart”felt” Remix