The host of “The Sewing Dork” Blog has an interesting and planet friendly tutorial on making Wool Soaker Pants for little ones. From “The Sewing Dork”: “Wool Soaker Pants, aka Longies, are what Ma Ingalls was using before plastic diaper covers were invented in the 1970s. Wool has some amazing properties: it’s naturally anti-bacterial, it can absorb moisture without feeling wet, and best of all you just need to air it out between uses (unless soiled of course). You only wash it every 2 – 3 weeks. That’s my kind’a laundry! There are many different kinds of soakers to make – shorts, skirties, and pants. I plan to do tutorials for them all over the winter. Let’s start with the sweater arm pants”.
- Felted Wool Sweater Owl Tutorial
- Felted Owl and a Butterfly hats from Martha Stewart
- Repurposing Cashmere sweaters in comfy sock; How To
- Itchy Wool Sweater to cute purse tutorial
- How to Make Hats from Recycled Sweaters