Diane Gilleland produces CraftyPod.com has her “Potluck Dish Cozy” featured on “MakeZine”! This is a clever repurposed idea inspired by her Mom. When her mom had to bring a hot dish to a potluck, she usually wraps it in old towels so it stayed warm in transit. Diane decided to refashion a felted wool sweater into a kind of padded envelope to carry potluck dishes in. The food will stay warm, and when you get there, you’ll have a built-in trivet to set it on! This is a great way to remake an old wool sweater into something useful and pretty. She has a step-by-step pictorial tutorial for you to follow. Thanks Diane for the wonderful project.
By Linda Lanese
- Make Wool Mittens with Olivia of OilArt; a video tutorial
- How to make a bag craft case for felt balls and crochet
- How to Make and Use Wool Dryer Balls
- Corinne’s Thread: Felt Flower Sachets Tutorial
- Felted Owl and a Butterfly hats from Martha Stewart