Felt Skull Halloween Pillow

Rebecca was walking through Target when she spotted this super cute mini felt pillow with a “Halloween skull and cross bone”.  She did not want to pay the price and took a picture and went home and made two for her house.  Most people’s response was that they actually preferred Rebecca’s over Targets version and I agree and I love her vignette and would love to know more about the darling black & white herringbone pumpkin.  Her total cost at Michaels for the 2 pillows: $1 for felt $0.39 for embroidery floss versus $20 at Target. Get over to “The Crafted Sparrow” for complete instructions and a downloadable pattern.  Thanks Rebecca for sharing and like “The Crafted Sparrow” on Facebook and tell Rebecca you found her on Craft Gossip Felting.

By Linda Lanese

Comments

6 Comments so far

1. Darcy on August 23, 2013 9:09 am

love this project. So cute and does look pretty simple to make.

2. Linda Lanese on August 23, 2013 9:56 am

If you go to her tutorial Rebecca’s looks better that Targets and the price is right. Thanks for the nice comment :)

3. Marilyn Westphal on August 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Have real issues with this. Just finished a fiber art show where we had to often stop people from taking pictures of our work. It is no different if you do this of stock in a store.

4. Linda Lanese on August 24, 2013 3:49 pm

I understand how you feel, but with the internet you can get any picture or duplicate projects you fancy. There is a site called “Knock off Décor” where people submit their knock offs and tell where they found them. I think if people are telling us that these are not their original creations or ideas and give credit to the person that did come up with the ideas there is little we can do about it. I feel bad that you had a problem with people at the sale and asking them not to take pictures was a good idea. There is a saying “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” so you must have some lovely art. Thanks for your comment and I am sure others feel the same way. http://knockoffdecor.com/

5. www on September 6, 2013 3:15 am

Hello, yes this piece of writing is truly pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it concerning
    blogging. thanks.

6. forexground.pl on January 2, 2014 3:10 am

Hi to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this site, and your views are good in favor of
    new viewers.