It is said that good things come to those that wait or in my case asked. I asked Kim of Wildly Woolly to make up a little tutorial showing her Easy way to make Felted Balls and she did. Kim is an awesome felting artist and has a lovely blog called Wildly Woolly and an ETSY shop by the same name. She does amazing things with felt and you should check out all her art. Thanks Kim!
Tutorial: The attached photo depicts the 3 easy steps: 1. tie a single knot in the center of your roving; 2. needle felt the ends up around the knot to pre-felt it; 3. wet-felt the ball in soapy hot water and let dry
By Linda Lanese
- Winner of Faith, Hope, Love, Knitting Giveaway
- Father’s Day Soap on a Rope tutorial
- Fiberarts Magazine from Interweave Press
- How to Tie the Celtic Heart Knot by TIAT
- Easy way to make felted balls tutorial