I love these hearts with a pocket that hold some Valentine candy. Molly relates “This year I’m revisiting that homey, straight-from-the-heart kind of Valentine gift with these hand stitched little Felt Candy Hearts. They’re great for storing candy, notes and trinkets and are truly as easy as pie to sew. I love to think of the happy pride kids will have when they bring to school their very own sewn-with-care Felt Candy Hearts. I remember that feeling well”
I also think of a splendid and nostalgic looking back on days gone by when people had to make their own Valentine cards and buy penny candy at the corner drugstore that had a soda fountain and hot dogs. Thanks Molly for allowing us to think back to simpler time. Get Molly’s tutorial on Purl Bee!
By Linda Lanese
- Molly’s Sketchbook: Valentine Felt Heart Barrettes & Felt Candy Hearts
- Molly’s Sketchbook: Glow in the Dark Spider Web Treat Bag
- Molly’s Sketchbook: Felt Apple Coasters
- Molly’s Sketchbook: Candy Corn Trick or Treat Bags
- Molly’s Sketchbook: Valentine Heart Barrettes